Both our Medical Clinic and our Brace Shop are located in downtown Port-au-Prince, at 119 Rue des Casernes. This will be a familiar area to those of you who visited St. Vincent's before we moved to Santo 17.
Our Medical Clinic provides pediatric, orthopedic, and, ophthalmologic care, physical therapy and audiology testing. Staffing includes five orthopedics, four pediatricians, one ophthalmologist, one physical therapist and one audiology technician. The Clinic sees from 15 to 20 children per day, usually from birth until 13-14 years old. Coming from all over Haiti, they pay a fee of 750 Gourdes or, approximately, $11.50 (USD).
Our Brace Shop serves mostly children, but we also work with some adults who wear braces. We employ one chief technician and three technicians who are disabled. Because our mission is to serve the poor, we provide care and braces at a very low price - well below what the market and other clinics charge. The fee we charge is largely for supplies. Thus, our Brace Shop runs at a loss.
If you are coming to Haiti and can bring supplies, we offer below our basic Brace Shop Yearly Supply Needs:
1. Copolymer polypropylene
2. Homopolymer polypropylene
6. Plastazote foam
7. Evazote foam
10. North foam
12. Prosthetic feet
13. Silicone liner
14. Prosthetic foam covers
15. Velcro self adhesive male and female
16. Male and female adaptors for below and above knee sockets
17. Prosthetic knees, knee disarticulation included
18. Speed rivets male and female
19. Copper rivets assorted
20. Stump bandages
21. Easy fit bags for kids and adults
22. Plaster of paris bandages
23. Contact adhesive glue
24. Socket valves for above-knee
26. Below-knee suspension sleeves
27. Stump shrinkers
28. Stump socks
29. POP plaster
31. Cement glue
32. Resina acrilica – special perla minazione
Copyright © St. Vincent’s Center for Children With Disabilities in Haiti - All Rights Reserved. Designed by Jason Lang.